The Center for Venture Capital and Private Equity Finance is hosting two fireside chats this Friday, September 19, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m in the Blau Auditorium at Ross.
Hosted by Professor David Brophy, the chats will kick off with Gary Zenkel, President of NBC Olympics and Operations & Strategy for NBC Sports Group. Under Gary’s leadership, the 2014 Sochi Games reached more Americans than any other winter Games, and the 2012 London Games became the most-watched event in U.S. television history, while also live streaming every sporting event during both Games.
Gary’s chat will be moderated by Richard Lui, a journalist and news anchor for NBC News and MSNBC. Lui previously worked as a news anchor for five years at CNN Worldwide, and most importantly, graduated with an MBA from Ross. The first of the day’s events, Gary and Richard will kick off at 2 p.m.
The chat will be followed by a panel discussion, “The Path to Private Equity,” at 3:30 p.m. Moderated by Jeff Gelfand, Senior managing Director and Chief Financial Officer at Centerbridge Partners, the panel includes movers and shakers in the private equity field. Panelists include:
- Lisa Barse Bernstien, Global Head of Human Resources, Apollo Global Management
- Philip Harrison, Associate, Centerbridge Partners
- Ben Johnston, Head of Strategy, Strategic Funding Source
- Robert Kalsow-Ramos, Principal, Apollo Global Management
- Gretchen Perkins, Partner, Huron Capital Partners
- Andrew Wolff, Analyst, Square Mile Capital Management
To find out more, visit http://umfiresidechats.com and tweet “Excited to attend #UMFiresideChats Sept. 19 PE Fireside Chat @MichiganRoss!”